Behaviour Change Hackathon
The Behaviour Change Hackathon is a six-week program where youth learn basic behaviour change theories and tools and apply them to a real-world problem faced by a non-governmental organisation or social enterprise. It will run from 22 June to 3 August 2019.
Thank you to your overwhelming interest in the hackathon! 65 youth applied for 30 places, and we are in the process of offering places to the applicants.
About the hacakthon
Contribute to youth becoming active contributors to society through skills-building and hands-on engagement, while providing effective behaviour change solutions to the social and environmental problems in Singapore.
How the hackathon will work
Six groups of five participants will be assigned their problem statement at the start of the hackathon. Over five sessions, participants will attend lessons on basic behaviour change theories and tools, and complete tasks that will enable their group to develop a behaviour change project proposal to their assigned problem statement. WISE will also provide coaching sessions in-between sessions while groups complete their tasks.
Problem statements participants will work on include:
- Co-existing with wildlife (ACRES)
- Shifting negative perceptions about aging (Bold at Work)
- Bring your own (BYO) habits (Erth & Co.)
- Proper disposal of waste during community events (Green Nudge)
- Healthy eating among low-income households (Halo Health Asia)
- Treating foreign domestic workers with dignity (HOME)